Our Lives through Story
Guest preacher and storyteller Norah Dooley will be leading the service. Norah is an educator, author, and storyteller who performs in schools, libraries, and conferences and specializes in teaching people of all ages how important their stories are. In 2013 Norah was featured as an Exchange Place featured storyteller at the National Storytelling Festival in … Continued
News & Announcements
- Neighborhood conversations on race
- Work for racial justice continues this summer and fall
- Becoming a church member
- Our “summer reads” choices: W.E.B. DuBois and bell hooks
Notes from Rev. Anne
- Kindness – an antidote to hopelessness October 5, 2017
Last Sunday was a special day here, honoring our commitment to the work of racial justice and raising a public statement of affirmation for lives that have too long been devalued. It felt good to be together, thoughtfully sharing in contemplation and ...
- The art of raking September 28, 2017“There is an art to raking, a very fine art, one with rhythm in it, and life. On the days that I do it well, the rake wakes up,” writes Linda Hogan in Dwellings.Despite this week’s temperatures, it’s becoming that season again, when nature gives us the ...
- Water: A Blessing and a Challenge September 7, 2017
- The art of raking September 28, 2017