The Courage to Imagine Forward
Rev. Anne Bancroft
Roughy 10 years ago, Phyllis Tickle wrote a book about the Christian church called The Great Emergence. “Tickle’s basic thesis is that every 500 years, the Church goes through a rummage sale, and cleans out the old forms of spirituality and replaces it with new ones.” The target this time around is the Protestant church which, broadly speaking, … Continued
News & Announcements
- Neighborhood conversations on race
- Work for racial justice continues this summer and fall
- Becoming a church member
- Our “summer reads” choices: W.E.B. DuBois and bell hooks
Notes from Rev. Anne
- Kindness – an antidote to hopelessness October 5, 2017
Last Sunday was a special day here, honoring our commitment to the work of racial justice and raising a public statement of affirmation for lives that have too long been devalued. It felt good to be together, thoughtfully sharing in contemplation and ...
- The art of raking September 28, 2017“There is an art to raking, a very fine art, one with rhythm in it, and life. On the days that I do it well, the rake wakes up,” writes Linda Hogan in Dwellings.Despite this week’s temperatures, it’s becoming that season again, when nature gives us the ...
- Water: A Blessing and a Challenge September 7, 2017
- The art of raking September 28, 2017