A Public Commitment to Racial Justice
Through an 18-month period of discernment involving the entire Theodore Parker Church congregation, we voted unanimously on May 7, 2017, to state and publicize our commitment, as individuals and as a congregation, to racial justice. We also voted that day to display a flag in support of racial justice, inviting the community into dialogue on this critical issue.
- The text of our commitment
- An open letter to our friends and neighbors
- Selection of activities supporting racial justice
- Point and counterpoint on supporting the Black Lives Matter movement
- Wicked Local coverage of our efforts to spark conversations on race
- How did we come to make our public commitment to racial justice?
- For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org